The SAAB Scholarships 2019 funded by the South African Association of Botanists in South Africa, has now started accepting Applications for SAAB Scholarship.
However, the scholarship is open to candidates who are graduates with not less than the overall average of 70% and studied at a tertiary institution in South Africa.
The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students yearly, and there will be 3 scholarship awards, to the benefit of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
The SAAB (South African Association of Botanists) was founded to promote and as well enhance the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and also to perform functions which may be able to meet up with the objectives of the trade.
Information on the SAAB Scholarship 2019:
Application Deadline: February 27, 2019.
Course Level: The scholarship is open for studies at 4th year or the Honours level and MSc studies.
Study Subject: The scholarship award will be in the field of botanically-related science.
Scholarship Award: Candidates will receive:
- 3 scholarships awards, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
- 1 scholarship award, to the value of R40 000 for MSc studies.
Nationality: Resident in one of the SADC countries: South Africa, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Mozambique, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mauritius, Madagascar are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships: There are three available scholarships
Scholarship can be gotten in South Africa
Applicants must be by the following criteria to be eligible
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to students from Botswana, South Africa, Angola, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Comoros, Lesotho, Swaziland, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently, a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BSc honors degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
Students who meet the requirements and would like to apply must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application might be discarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees)
- The motivational letter was written by yourself with a description of your proposed honours/4th-year research interests
- Motivational letter (from your honours/4th-year project supervisor)
- Names and values of the other bursaries/ scholarships you have applied for
- How to Apply: You must submit the applications electronically via email to SAABsecretary@gmail.com
- (Insert the words “SAAB Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
- You are required to leave your proposed documents in a pdf format