Nigerians PTDF Postgraduate Scholarship 2019/2020 | Now Ongoing – We are here to inform you all, that Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for its 2019/2020 Overseas Ph.D. and MSc. Scholarships.
We want you to relax and continue reading as we present you more details below.
Furthermore, point in time for the submission of the PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship application is December 31st, 2018.
Nigerians PTDF Postgraduate Scholarship 2019/2020 | Now Ongoing
However, the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the federal agency with the mandate of developing endemic human ability, skill, capacity and the technology of petroleum to meet the wants of the oil and gas business, invitations and applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Overseas Postgraduate Scholarships to specific programmes at elect institutions within France, European, Germany and the UK. Excellent candidates are going to be awarded scholarships to study within these countries coming up in the year 2019/2020.
Pertaining to this, applicants are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at any of the partner institutions in any of the countries (check out the full list of sponsored courses below). The award includes flight tickets supplies, insurance payments, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable).
Furthermore, the provision of allowances to satisfy the prices of accommodation and living expenses. The programmes also will include or involve language categories to help students settle into their new environments.
Eligibility for the PTDF Overseas Scholarship
- For Ph.D. candidates
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- A computer literate
- Minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and an excellent second-degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than five(5) pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection (Click here for a sample of Ph.D. research proposal format)
- Candidates must also include their master’s degree project
- For M.Sc candidates
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relative industry expertise
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC (National Youth Service)
- Also be a computer literate
- In possession of 5 (five) “O” level credits including the English Language.
It is solely in a recommendation that applicants scan copies of the subsequent documents and fasten to their online application forms:
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the “O” level results on the relevant website)
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Master’s Degree Certificate (Ph.D. Applicants only)
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Proof of membership of expert associations
- Continuing Ph.D. Candidates could only apply given that their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed below;
- Candidates who have in any way benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past are not allowed to apply for the same type of programme, except a higher programme;
- Those who successfully make it through the first round of screening will be asked to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in expectation of such request.
- Candidates may select up to 3 different courses (1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice) in any country or university, but are not to contact the schools directly for admissions as they will be placed in relevant universities by the PTDF
Overseas Nigerians PTDF Postgraduate Scholarship 2019/2020 choice Criteria
PTDF scholarships are incredibly competitive, chosen will only be candidates/applicants who are excellent across the board. A selection committee will be set up to evaluate applications making use of the following standards;
Academic merit as evidenced by degrees qualities, other professional qualifications acquired, full academic transcripts and relevant publications (where available) are to be in a reference by applicants
Awards for leadership and or academic excellence (where accessible).
Membership of professional bodies
The viability of the study/research plan.
By submitting a statement of purpose, applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the importance of the proposed research to the oil & gas industry and its presumable impact on national development.
Application Procedure for Nigerians PTDF Postgraduate Scholarship 2019/2020
Follow the links below to get additional information regarding the fossil fuel Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas Postgraduate (M.Sc & Ph.D.) Scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline: December 31st, 2018 for those who would want to apply early.
We promise to update you guys in case of any change in their system, we as well, take joy in giving you info!!!
At this point we therefore, believe that we have passed better information on The Nigerians PTDF Postgraduate Scholarship 2019/2020, if this was helpful, please do well to share it with your friends using the share icons below. In case of any problem, you can communicate with us by leaving your email Address and your phone number in the comment box provided below.