Learn How To Format a Hard drive and Install Windows OS: Learning the skill of formatting a hard drive and installing windows operating system can help you in your place of work. It can be recognized when your PC encounters BIOS errors or missing files.
You might require the last resort to format the hard drive of your PC to get it working smoothly again. On this write-up, we will show you on how to format a hard disk as well as install an operating system.
How To Format a Hard Drive
See how you can format a hard drive on windows. Use the following steps.
- Locate the search menu on your windows version.
- In the search box; type in the Control panel.
- Enter the Control Panel.
- Then, tap Administrative Tools.
- Navigate to Computer Management.
- Hit Disk Management.
- Right-click on the drive or the partition; especially the one you want to format.
- Tap on Format.
- Pick the file system and set the cluster size.
- Tap OK to format the drive.
How to Install a New Operation System on Windows
- It is perfect for you to back up your hard disk before this method.
- Below are the ways to install an operating system, format a hard drive, and create partitions.
- Put in the Windows disc into the CD-ROM / DVD drive/USB flash drive.
- Turn off the computer.
- Mount and attach the Serial ATA hard drive.
- Turn on the computer.
- Pick a preferred language and area.
- Continue then to Install Operating System.
- Heed the on-screen prompts.
- On the Install Windows page, list your preferred language.
- Then tick Next.
- Tap on Install Windows and follow on-screen prompts.
- While installation, you will be advised to pick a location to install the Windows OS. Nevertheless, to format a hard drive before installing the OS, tap on the portion.
- Then tap allocation you want to format.
- Progress to click on options (advanced)
- Highlight the partition
- Hit on Delete.
- Next click OK.
- Now you can install the windows OS in the large portion of the hard drive.
Well, that is it; there is no need to go rushing to a technician to fix common errors such as this. These steps are Do It Yourself Measures.