How To Fix Hard Disk Errors | Chkdsk Command: The chkdsk command is command applied for retrieving or fixing a particular drive. It also utilized to repair, improve, or identify data on a hard drive or disk.
The chkdsk command is the latest test to detect a stroke or malfunctioning hard disk. The control is open on the Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista and XP Os. Even on MS-DOS.
Table of Contents
Repair The following using Chkdsk Command
The command can be applied to fix regular Windows errors, including the following.
- Boot.ini error
- Corrupt NTOSKRNL.EXE
- 0xc0000001 for the Windows Vista Pc
- 0xc000014C for the Windows 8 Pc
- Blue screen error
- 0x0000007B windows error
Typical Hard disk problems
- Directory malfunctions
- Faulty sectors
- Lost data
How To Apply The Chkdsk Command
To apply the chkdsk command, use the following:
Formula 1: From File Explorer
- Open the File Explorer
- Tap on this PC
- Right-click on the disk
- Move down and tap on properties
- Tap on the tools icon
- Next tap Check on the error checking field. The scanning procedure will begin in a few minutes.
- A notification will display, “Your drive was successful.” Click on show details to see the total disk space and discovered errors if any.
Formula 2: From Command Prompt
Opening the command prompt display alternates with the version of Windows OS
- Visit the windows search box
- Window 7(tap the start key by locating the search dialog box)
- Windows 8 or 8.1 (tap the Windows and C to launch the search dialog box)
- Windows 10 (click the Windows key then pick the search menu)
- Enter cmd in the search tab
- Right click on chkdsk
- Operate as administrator
- The command prompt will immediately appear.
The chkdsk command prompt is the following.
- /f – To repair the errors on the disk
- /r- Retrieve readable data on the wrong section on a drive.
- /x -This command alights the disk before a scan starts.
Chkdsk command is one of the most potent self-fix skills you can possess in your life because it repairs common issues that usually will require some cash.