Gmail Sign Up – How to Create a Gmail Account @www.Gmail.com
Gmail is the most popular and secure email service provider now. Owing to that more and more users flock to this service provided by Google.
How to Sign Up for Gmail Account
It only takes a couple of minutes to perform the whole Gmail sign up process. This means that you will become the owner of a Gmail account within minutes! However, remember that you will need to present your phone number if required (though, it must not necessarily be linked to your account).
- Firstly, start the whole sign up process by opening a new tab in your browser and accessing the Google website via (https://google.com)
- On Google’s webpage, you must click the button that shows “Sign in” – it can be found on the right upper corner
- Next, you will see the form for Gmail sign in. But for the aim of account, you must click on the “Create account” text button, on that page
- Immediately after that, the application form will pop up. Now, you must fill it in with the required information (and it’s an easy thing to do). First of all, you will need to fill in your first and last name, your username inclusively (it will also serve as your email address)
- Following it, set up a strong password for your account (should repeat the same thing in the second empty field) and click on the “Next” button
Read This: Google Paid Ads | How to Advertise On Google
- On the following page, you will be asked to confirm your identity with your phone number. In this case, pick your country and type in your phone number. Click on the button “Next”
- Then, you will get receive an SMS via your number showing a six digit code. Type the 6-digit code you received in the field provided and click on the “Verify” button
- Right then you will be able to conclude the application form. There, you can remove your phone number in the first field (in case you do not wish to link it to your Gmail account). Provide your gender (Male/Female) and birthdate and then click on the “Next” button
- Following will be the page with the terms/conditions of use. Scroll the terms down and read them through (if you like) and tick the box
- At the bottom, you will see an “I Agree” button appearance – click on that button.
- Congrats, you just created a Gmail account. You can click on the text button “Gmail” to access it straight away
How to Link Your Mobile Phone Number to Your Account
To be able to improve the security of your account you are advised to link your email address to your phone number. It also helps to recover accounts which are accidentally lost access to.
Follow the below guidelines to be able to link your phone number to your Gmail account.
If you just signed up for Gmail, it is likely that the system will offer you to improve the security of your account (if not, use the guidelines from the section below, but choose “Mobile Phone” instead of “Email Address”).
- Open another tab in the browser and go to the Google website: https://google.com/
- On Google’s webpage, you must click on the “Sign in” button which always shows blue, which you can find in the right upper corner
- After that, you must enter your password and click on the “Next” button
- Now, you have just logged in to your account. At that point, click on the “Update” button
- Select your country and type your phone number on the next page. Then, click on the “NEXT” button
- You will get a pop-up window – click on the “OK” text button in it
- After that, you will receive a 6-digit confirmation code on your mobile phone number. Type it in the provided field and click on “NEXT.”
- Following it, you will see a page with a notification, saying you have just linked your phone number to your Gmail account
- From that moment on, you will be able to use the phone number to recover your account, as well as to enable a 2-step verification feature
How to Link a Secondary Email Address to Your Account
If you are worried about your privacy, and you probably do not want to link your account to your phone number you can link it to another email address and be able to recover it if something happens.
- Follow the first two steps on the procedures above
- Type your password in the field and click on the “Next” button
- Now, you have to click on the “Gmail” text button – you can find it at the top of the page
- After accessing your Gmail inbox, you should click on the “Settings” button – you can find it in the form of a cogwheel in the right part of the page
- On the page of your Gmail’s account setup(settings), you should go to the “Accounts and Import” section
- Then, click on “Change password recovery options” next to the “Change account settings” field
- Under the “Account recovery options” section, you must click on the “recovery email.”
- Following it, you will be asked to confirm your identity. For that purpose, input your password in the provided field and click on the “Next” button
- After that, you are to click on the “ADD RECOVERY EMAIL” button
- In the new window, you are to put in your recovery email address in the empty field. Then, click on the “DONE” text button
- Finally, you will notice that that email address has been applied as a recovery email to your account
- You can now be able to use it for the recovery of your Gmail account
Gmail Sign Up Problems
While trying to register for Gmail account, you might encounter some problems.
Based on those problems, we in this article will discuss some of the most common problems and their solutions.
Google doesn’t allow the creation of a new account. It is very likely that you did not specify your phone number.
While it had been permissible to create a new Google account without providing a phone number before, nowadays you need to confirm that you are a real person with your phone number. However, you don’t need to link your phone number to your account. But there is no way to avoid its provision.
You want to create a Gmail account for your child. There is only one way you be able to create an account for your child to use Gmail/Google: that is when he/she is up to 13 years old or older. If your child is younger than 13, Google’s policy prohibits his/her use of Google’s services.
We do not recommend you cheat the service by specifying a wrong birthdate. However, you can still do it anyways.
How to Add a Signature
There are so many things you can do after completing your Gmail sign up process, adding to them is adding a signature to your account.
The signature will be displayed to everyone whom you will send an email message.
- Follow the above first and second steps above and click to the Gmail text button above
- After accessing the inbox, you must click on the “Settings” button, located in the right part of the page.
- In a dropdown menu, you should again select “Settings.”
- After accessing the page of your Gmail account, scroll down.
- Close to the bottom of that page, you will see the “Signature” section. Now, check the box near “Signature” and start setting up a signature for your account.
- Once you’ve made ready your signature, scroll down on that page and click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom.
After that, the signature will be applied to your Gmail account.
>>>>>>>SIGN UP HERE<<<<<<<
Questions and Answers
Q: How can I sign up for Gmail without signing up for other services of Google?
Ans: Sadly, there is no way you can do that. All Google services are linked between each other, and your account can be used for other Google services as well (such as YouTube, Google Photos, Google Drive, etc.).
Moreover, available storage is shared between all these services.
Q: Should I necessarily link my Gmail account to another email address or phone number?
Ans: No, Google allows you to leave it entirely unsecured. However, we highly recommend you to have at least one method of recovery available. Otherwise, you risk losing your Gmail account.
Q: Can I create a second account with Gmail?
Ans: Yes, there are no strict restrictions for users who wish to have two or more accounts with Gmail. Moreover, you can link both accounts to the same phone number or reserve email address.